DIESELPUNK

Unsere Datenschutzerklärung und alles was nichts mit Computern oder Konsolen der 80er & 90er zu tun hat oder in die anderen Foren passt ;-)

Moderatoren: Bulletrider, Kopremesis

Bulletrider
ist hier der König...
ist hier der König...

Beitrag von Bulletrider »

nemesis hat geschrieben:Ich verstehe noch immer nicht, wieso "Diesel" und wieso "Punk" den Namen dieses Szenarios bilden sollen?
auf ottens.co.uk hat man sich eben damit nun in Form eines Artikels gewidmet...
Hier ein kleiner Auszug:
...Punk referred to a label given to antagonize anyone who was seen as rebellious or anti-establishment;...
...Thus the daring adventurers and anti-social inventors of this time could be seen as the “punks” of their period, rejecting the status quo of the time to challenge and seek their true destinies. We observe that this was further enhanced by the inclusion of the urban, gritty and raw characters found in the 1930s, demonstrated through film noir and pulp literature...
It is an ambiguous and yet general aspect of the neologism that comprises the “punk” attitude or element of the strange, the “otherness” in juxtaposition to the type of society or world in which the adventure and stories take place...
kompletter Artikel:
http://www.ottens.co.uk/gatehouse/gazet ... lpunk3.php
nemesis

Beitrag von nemesis »

Well, I'm still not quite convinced. The inventors and explorers of said period did not rebel against the establishment but rather were part of just that establishment. This holds especially true for the explorers. :wink:
Bulletrider
ist hier der König...
ist hier der König...

Beitrag von Bulletrider »

This was just some information especially for you :wink: Luckily it's not my job to convince you, hehe...
As I love the setting for waht it is I don't care about the name and take it just as it is
nemesis

Beitrag von nemesis »

Yep, sound like a good idea.

Still, the name sounds rather stupid. :mrgreen:
Antworten